Money and Gift Certificates
- A $50 Circuit City gift certificate, donated by Mark Musante.
- A $25 gift certificate to mymusic.com, donated by Karl Ove Hufthammer.
- $500 US, donated by Roy Jones.
- $500 US, donated by John Miles.
- A $25 gift certificate to ThinkGeek, donated by Derek Skousen.
- A $25 gift certificate to LightningCD, donated by Chrysoula Tzavelas.
- A $25 gift certificate to the Republic of Tea, donated by The IF Ratings Site.
- A six-pack of ice cream, to be delivered to the author's door, donated by The IF Ratings Site.
- A 150g crock of Stilton Cheese, donated by Cirk Bejnar.
- An Xbox or Windows game from the Microsoft Company Store, donated by Steve Feldon.
- A still-shrinkwrapped CD-ROM copy of Icebreaker for the Mac, including the otherwise-unattainable Icebreaker text adventure by Andrew Plotkin, donated by Emily Short.
- Scrabble for Windows or Mac, which requires that the player manually set their monitor to 256 colors, donated by Marnie Parker.
- An autographed copy of The Mother Lode of Sticky Gulch, Scott Starkey's card game about prospecting, donated by Scott Starkey.
- The Mac Final Fantasy VII Pack, including everything needed to run the game under MacOS 9 (Virtual Playstation for the Mac, Final Fantasy VII, and a Thrustmaster USB Firestorm gamepad), donated by Billy Harris.
- Discworld Noir for the PC, donated by Anssi Raisanen.
- A new copy of Freedom Force and a CD containing some of the best amateur-created mods for the game, donated by Paul O'Brian.
- A one-year gift membership to the National Puzzlers' League, donated by Tablesaw. (2 prizes)
Books and Magazines
- A four-issue subscription to Black Gate Magazine, donated by Cirk Bejnar.
- "Life in the Big City" and "Confession", the first two trade paperback collections of Kurt Busiek's Astro City comic book series, donated by Paul O'Brian.
- The Morning After Consumption, a collection of his political cartoons, donated by Tom Lechner.
- Life's Lottery, a literary choose-your-own-adventure (paper format), donated by Mark Silcox.
- "Legends of the Outer Banks and Tar Heel Tidewater" and "Blackbeard's Cup and Stories of the Outer Banks", two books of pirate stories, donated by Anonymous.
- "Hamlet on the Holodeck: The Future of Narrative in Cyberspace", donated by Ryan van Barneveld.
- A one-year subscription to (The Magazine of) Fantasy and Science Fiction, donated by Alan DeNiro. (Can only be chosen by authors in the US or Canada.)
- An AAS thong, of whatever size is required, donated by Dr. David Banner.
- A crocheted hat in soft acrylic, in the author's choice of color, size, and style, donated by Jake Wildstrom.
Music and Movies
- A region 2 DVD of Ultraviolet, donated by Adam Atkinson.
- An mp3 of a song written specifically about the author's game (note that this prize will take a little while to create, and the offerer gets to choose what elements of the game the song will be about), donated by obscurity.
- The Golden Banana of Discord, which is to go to the game whose scores have the highest standard deviation, donated by Martin Bays.
- Three $25 prizes to the highest-placing authors who release their souce code under terms that meet the Debian Free Software Guidelines by December 15th, 2003, donated by Benjamin Fan.
Most any and all prizes are acceptable. If you have a prize you'd
like to donate, please mail
me. I'll have you keep the prize until the competition is over,
then mail it directly to the author who chooses it as their prize.